UK manufacturer of aluminium building systems invests in BIM training to create BIM components in Revit and IFC formats.
AluK (GB), one of the UK’s leading manufacturers of aluminium building systems, has created its first in-house BIM components, following a substantial investment into BIM training for its staff. The BIM co-ordination team at AluK has achieved Accredited Professional status for BIM and principles of BS1192, with training from BRE.
The newly created BIM components, hosted by BIMstore, are available for download from AluK’s website and include:
– GT55 NI components for (single and double door) framing
– GT55 NI component for (single door) curtain wall insert
– GT55 NI component for (double door) curtain wall insert
– GT55 TB components for (single and double door) framing
– GT55 TB component for (single door) curtain wall insert
– GT55 TB component for (double door) curtain wall insert
All AluK BIM components are free and easy to download. The components are CoBie compliant and available in Revit and IFC formats, with a content user guide included for Revit users. In addition to the component offering, AluK offers a RIBA approved BIM: Aluminium Façade Systems – Modelling, design, construction, standards and collaboration CPD.
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to AEC Magazine for FREE